Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Day Cream – SPF 15 Review
Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 is one of the most effective and popular brands in anti aging. They have a whole lot of products in this range – Day creams, night cream, under eye cream, foaming cleanser and serum as well. The day cream also has quite a few variants and they come in smaller sized packs too. So you can try on the smaller ones to decide which variant would suit your skin the best.
Some variants of the day cream –
– Olay Total Effects 7 In One Anti-Ageing Skin Cream Day / Normal
– Olay Total Effects 7 In One Anti-Ageing Cream Normal Day SPF 15
– Olay Total Effects 7 In One Anti-Ageing Cream Gentle SPF 15 – For sensitive skin
– Olay Total Effects 7 In One Light Weight Anti-Ageing Cream Day SPF 15
– Olay Total Effects 7 In One Touch Of Foundation BB Creme SPF 15
The one I am reviewing here is the Normal variant in SPF 15.
Most of these creams come in 3 sizes –
160 INR for 8 gms – Trial Size Tube
375 INR for 20 gms
799 INR for 50 gms
My Experience with Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Day Cream
This one came in a travel size pump dispenser. The cream is quite rich in texture and has a mild, pleasant fragrance. Pump packaging makes it ideal for travelling. It gets completely absorbed without leaving any greasiness behind. Most times of the year, when it is humid, I need just a small pea sized amount to cover my entire face and neck. So one bottle lasts a long time. However, during winters, when the climate is dry, I do not find this hydrating enough. These are the 7 signs of aging it claims to work on:
1. Visibly reduces dark spots – Cannot comment on this one since I do not have any
2. Gives firm-looking skin – Does make skin look well cared for
3. Radiant, glowing skin – Yes
4. Visibly reduces lines & wrinkles – Cannot comment on this one since I do not have any
5. Gives soft & smooth skin – Yes
6. Gives even skin tone – Yes
7. Visibly reduces pore size – To some extent
Like many products, this will show results with continued usage. Also, since it has SPF 15, it’s good for indoor use, when you are exposed to little or diffused sunlight. It cannot be used as a replacement for sunscreens.
- Good packaging – travel friendly
- Comes in various sizes – a trial size too
- Has SPF 15
- Only small quantity required at a time
- Comes in a lot of variants
- Shows results with continuous usage
- Not hydrating enough for winters for those with dry or normal skin
- Those with oily skin may find this a tad too greasy except when the climate is dry
- Will not work as intensive treatment for those with deeper lines and wrinkles
Would I recommend it?
It is a nice product if you are just starting out with anti-aging regimen or if you’re looking for a decent product to keep signs of aging at bay. There are various options and trial sizes. So do give it a try!