VLCC Insta Glow Oxygen Bleach
I have been meaning to post this since a long time. I don’t really advocate bleaching your skin since it involves such strong chemicals. However for some of us who have prominent peach fuzz (short fine hair), camouflaging it to match skin color with bleach is one of the options. I have tried a couple of VLCC products
and decided to try this oxygen bleach meant for sensitive skin. Read on to find out how this VLCC Insta Glow Oxygen bleach worked for me.
Rs 80 for 51.4 gm (lasts atleast 2 uses) and Rs 60 for 25.7 gm
You can purchase it from Nykaa
I prefer the single use packs since there is no guess work involved with the cream to activator powder ratio
About VLCC Insta Glow Oxygen Bleach
It’s unique gas flushing action and exclusive formula release oxygen which thoroughly cleanses the skin, unblocks the clogged pores and provides instant fairness and radiance. Pre bleach cream conditions the skin and protects skin from irritation during the bleach
The bleaching kit consists of:
- Pre-Bleach cream: This comes in a tiny sachet (I personally find the quantity to be very less. It would have definitely helped to have a some more)
- Bleach Cream: It comes in a plastic tub with outer and an inner lid to avoid spillage
- Powder Activator: The tiny bottle with blue powder activator
- Tiny Spatula: To mix the activator and bleach cream.
- Instruction Manual Leaflet: Detailed instruction in English and seven other regional languages
How to use VLCC Insta Glow Oxygen Bleach
A few things you need to know before you bleach
How to use:
- Make sure you read the instruction manual very thoroughly and carefully especially if you’re using this (or any other bleach for the first time)
- Do not use the product on inflamed or irritated skin or if you have any cuts or wounds on the skin
- Do not use this product if you think you are allergic or sensitive to it
- Make sure you do a patch test before you use this or any other bleach
- Apply the pre-bleach cream on your skin
- In a plastic or glass container, mix the activator and the bleach cream very thoroughly (check the pack for ratio of cream: activator). Make sure you mix it very thoroughly to make sure the mixture is even without any lumps of activator. This is very important since if you leave out any lumps in the mixture, the lumps can cause burning sensation in those spots.
- Apply the mixture and wait for some time. For recommended time and other details, refer to their official site
- Finally wash it off
My Experience with VLCC Insta Glow Oxygen Bleach
In the past, over the years I have used various bleaches – Fem Oxy Bleach, Fem Gold, Fem Turmeric, Jolen Mild, Jolen Regular and so on. However, almost all of them causes redness and irritation of varying extent. How this one is different from the rest is – this did not cause even a bit of irritation or redness, it bleaches the hair perfectly to camouflage with skin.
The only thing that I actually hate about this product is that as soon as I apply it, it stings my eyes and makes it water really bad
. This is one thing the company should fix and it will make it the perfect bleach.
A few post-bleach tips:
- It doesn’t come with a post bleach cream. So follow up with a good moisturizer or aloe gel
- Avoid exposure to sun at least for 24 hours after bleaching
- Avoid bleaching frequently – wait for at least a month before you bleach again. Avoid bleaching as much as you can
Do I recommend VLCC Insta Glow Oxygen Bleach?
I don’t advocate bleaching your skin. However those of us who have no option than to bleach for camouflaging facial hair, this one is really effective with no adverse reaction on even my sensitive skin.
This post contains affiliate links
My skin is too sensitive for any bleach… this seems like a good option for people who use bleach…
Yeah..it’s one of the best for those who have to.
Oh wow! Earlier bleaches used to feel so harsh. This one sounds great especially for sensitive skin. I will keep this in mind. VLCC is such a nice brand. I have used so many of their products. 🙂
Comments are closed.