VLCC YouthBoost Sunscreen Gel Creme SPF 40 PA+++ Review
I have been using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 50 for ever since I remember. So much so that I actually got bored of it and decided to try a new one. That’s when this sunscreen range from VLCC caught my eye. I guess they have changed the packaging off late and it looks pretty bright and nice now. So I picked up the one with SPF 40.
About VLCC YouthBoost Sunscreen Gel Creme SPF 40 PA+++
Contains Saxifraga Extract, Morbus Bombycis Extract, Ceramide III & Vitamin B3. It works effectively to maintain skin elasticity and firmness, hydrates the skin while fading dark spots and reducing skin pigmentation for an even skin tone.
Rs 265 for 50 gm
Rs 375 for 100 gm
My take on VLCC YouthBoost Sunscreen Gel Creme SPF 40 PA+++
Packaging: Comes in attractive yellow tube packaging with fliptop cap. Comes in two sizes and is travel friendly
Fragrance and Colour: It comes in a white gel form and actually smells like men’s cologne or after shave.
Texture: Lightweight gel like texture which is neither too runny nor too thick. Gets easily absorbed.
Points worth mentioning-
- Even though its extremely lightweight, it’s highly moisturizing. I don’t need to use a separate moisturizer when I am using this. It also works great under makeup
- It doesn’t leave a whitish case like most sunscreens do.
- It gives a dewy, well moisturized look. Hence those who prefer matte sunscreens may not like this.
- It did not cause any breakouts or irritation to my sensitive skin
- Paraben-free formulation
- It will work for all skin types, though those with dry skin may need additional moisturizer when the climate is extremely dry. Also, during humid climate, those with oily-combination skin may find this a bit too highly moisturizing.
Do I recommend VLCC YouthBoost Sunscreen Gel Creme SPF 40 PA+++
Overall I think it is a great pocket friendly sunscreen worth trying. You can always go for the smaller trial size to see if it works for you. It’s available on great discounts online as well as supermarkets like DMart.
What sunscreen are you currently using? Do let me know in the comments below!
This post contains affiliate links.