I have dry skin and it often gets sensitive and irritated too. Proper care can go a long way in managing this type of skin, save you from a lot of discomfort and prevent your skin from getting irritated further.
Here I have compiled a list of dos and dont’s for dry and irritated skin
– Use warm,lukewarm or cold water for bathing/shower or washing your face
– Moisturize your skin soon after wash, preferably while your skin is still damp
– Use products which are specially formulated for dry and sensitive skin. Cetaphil and A-Derma are my go-to brands for combating dryness and sensitivity
– Keep a rescue kit ready and avoid using anything else on irritated skin. Mine has –
Cetaphil cleansing lotion for sensitive skin
Cetaphil DAM moisturizer
A Derma Exomega Emollient Cream – this one not only moisturizes but also calms down irritated skin
Bello Photostable sunscreen gel SPF 40- only if I have to step out
– Do not bathe/shower with hot water. It literally strips your skin off moisture and makes the skin more dry and irritated
– Do not use regular fragrances soaps/face washes. Use moisturizing soap-free cleansers meant specifically for dry and sensitive skin
– When your skin feels too sensitive and irritated, avoid using makeup till the redness and irritation goes away.
– Avoid alcohol based products on your skin
– Do not pick at or unnecessarily touch your face. It leads to more irritation