Before I get into the review of Ryaal Evening Primrose Oil, here is a quick insight into what is Evening Primrose Oil and what are its beauty benefits.
What is Evening Primrose Oil?
Evening Primrose Oil is the oil from the seed of Evening Primrose (Oenothera) plant. It is rich in natural fatty acids and Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). Though it has numerous health and beauty benefits, in this post, I have mentioned only about the benefits of external application.
- Has the ability to moisturize and heal, nourish and hydrate dry skin
- Presence of GLA makes it one of the best remedies for treating eczema and other extremely dry skin conditions.
- Helps combat prematurely aging skin and reduce wrinkles
- Great for providing nourishment to dry hair and for maintaining scalp health
About Ryaal Evening Primrose Oil
Ryaal Evening Primrose Oil is 100% organic. It is pressed at a low temperature to obtain a pure, natural, virgin oil, without the use of solvents, fillers or preservatives.
Packaging – Comes in simple, practical royal blue colored glass bottle. Has a small nozzle which helps to dispense tiny drops of oil. It also comes with a separate dropper.
Texture – The oil is quite thick and rich in texture.
Fragrance – Has a nutty scent, which cannot be described as pleasant. However, I take it as an indication that they have maintained the purity by not adding any artificial or any other fragrances.
Price Rs 249 for 15 ml
Rs 489 for 30 ml
My experience with Ryaal Evening Primrose Oil
Since I have dry skin, I first used it directly on my entire face in my night routine, entirely skipping the Palmer’s Skin Therapy Oil that I generally use instead of a night cream. It did not work for me since it made my face extremely greasy the next morning. Next day, I mixed a few drops of it in the Palmer’s oil and it worked wonderfully. I also mixed a few drops in my body lotion, hand cream and foot cream, and woke up with supple skin that did not need constant re-application of moisturizers.
I also mix a few drops in my hair oil prior to washing, and love how healthy my hair looks. Till now, I used to break open Vitamin E capsules and use it in my skin and hair care routine – mix in my regular products for that extra nourishment that my dry skin needs. Now I have replaced those capsules with this oil since I have found it gives even better results and it’s hassle free.
How you can use Ryaal Primrose Oil in your beauty routine
- Apply directly on dry patches. I apply directly on dry and rough elbows and knees.
- Mix a few drops in night cream for extra nourishment
- Mix a few drops in body lotion – gives a whipped cream like consistency to it
- Mix a few drops in your regular hair oil for extra moisture boost and lustre
- Massage a drop or two over your nails for healthy looking nails
- My favorite way to use it – for extremely dry hands, mix this oil liberally in your hand cream, apply before you go to bed to wake up with supple looking hands.
- Add a few drops of oil to a tablespoon of aloe gel and mix. Use this mixture as a face mask for dry skin.
This oil is quite rich and by trial and error you will be able to figure out how much oil you will need to use for each of the ways above according to the needs of your skin.
To sum it up,
- 100% organic and cold pressed oil
- Excellent for dry to very dry skin
- Can be used for hair as well
- Practical packaging (be cautious with the glass bottle though)
- Very reasonably priced
- Bottle has a tiny nozzle, and comes with a dropper too
- None that I can think of except that it would make normal/oily/combination skin quite greasy
Do I recommend this?
A big yes to those with dry and very dry skin! You’re gonna love this.
Do you use any oils in your skin care routine? Do let me know in the comments below!
Note: The information in this post is not to be substituted for medical advice. If you have specific skin/health conditions, as with any other oils, especially essential oils, please consult a medical practitioner before using this oil.
This oil was sent to me for review by the company. However, my views remain unbiased.Follow me on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram