Palmer’s Olive Oil Shampoo Review
I was looking for a mild, daily shampoo when I came across this one. The labels were really impressive – it claimed to be a smoothing shampoo for frizz prone hair, contains extra virgin cold pressed olive oil, Jamaican black castor oil, and Vitamin E, no sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates and no mineral oils! What’s more it was quite reasonably priced. In it went into my shopping cart!
Rs 450 for 400 ml
My Take on Palmer’s Olive Oil Shampoo
Packaging- As of now, it comes in only 1 size in India – 400 ml simple pale green translucent bottle with a fliptop cap.
Fragrance – It has a very mild soapy fragrance, which doesn’t really remind me of anything in particular.
Color & Texture- It has a pale green color and is quite runny in texture.
The shampoo is super mild to use, making it perfect for daily use. I do not have frizzy hair and it leaves my hair squeaky clean and shiny post usage. However, I must mention, if you have really frizzy hair, it does almost nothing to control the frizz by itself. I haven’t used it’s conditioner, I use Dove conditioner instead.
Also, if you oil your hair or use a masque, it is so mild, you might need to shampoo more than once to completely clean it off.
What I love about Palmer’s Olive Oil Shampoo
- It contains Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Vitamin E
- No sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates and no mineral oils
- Super mild shampoo, making it great for daily/regular use
- Makes hair squeaky clean and shiny
What could have been better about Palmer’s Olive Oil Shampoo
- It should have been available in smaller, trial/travel sized packaging as well
- If you have hair oil/masque on, takes a couple of washes to clean it off completely
- Though they claim it’s for frizzy hair, it doesn’t do anything great if you have very frizzy hair.
Do I recommend Palmer’s Olive Oil shampoo?
Weighing in the upsides and flipsides, I think it is overall a great shampoo for regular use. If you have really frizzy hair, it wont do anything much for it. For normal hair, it leaves your hair clean and shiny without drying it. Also, the impressive ingredient list makes it worth using.
Which shampoo are you currently loving? Do let me know in the comments below.
It is currently available on Nykaa
This post contains affiliate links